Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Early Day

It's my surgery day, and I am out of the hospital earlier than usual. I had an unusually abbreviated surgery schedule due to the fact that a few of my repeat C-Section patients had the audacity to deliver while I was out of town. It's nice to get home a little early; I feel as though I am playing hooky. In some respects, I am, as I have laundry, grocery shopping, dishes, and five discharge summaries to dictate. Instead I have spent the last hour perusing blogs, eating lunch, and (what I do best) procrastinating. Surgery days always start early for me (7:30), but this morning it was tough to get up and out. My husband is out of town, so it was up to me to get my 2 year old up and out of the house by 6:30 in order to get to day care (I call it school to allay my guilt.) She was *not* pleased. I'm going to make it up to her by picking her up early.

My TOA patient is moving from the ICU today, and I spoke with both she and her husband about the trichomonas infection. They (visibly) handled this news remarkably well. Color me surprised. I'm still awaiting the final pathology and bacterial cultures. Keeping my fingers crossed that she continues to improve. In other more boring news, I have successfully dropped the 5 "vacation pounds!" I celebrated by making a Boboli pizza for lunch (it was a whole wheat crust, though!) I am trying not to have any starchy carbs after 3 pm. Just meat and veggies for dinner. So far that is working relatively well. I'm also doing no food after 7 pm, just water or tea. Tonight I'm going to do the elliptical if it kills me. I have to wear a bathing suit on vacation with skinny girls who look like fashion models. It's kind of neat that some people are finding their way to my blog. It's unfortunate that most days I will likely bore them right out of their skulls. Sorry all, I'm still just trying to find my blogging "voice." For now, stream of consciousness will have to do.

No comments: